Shopping Cart0 item(s) - $0.00
3-Day Oral Sedation Program
June 19-21, 2018
Become part of the solution:
Day One- Serving the needs of patients with more than just Valium®
- 9 safety provisions critical for both patient and practitioner
- Methods to readily lighten or deepen the level of sedation
- 5 key airway management techniques
- Techniques to assess patient variability and ensure best drug choice
- Interactive polling throughout to help you retain knowledge
Day Two- Single-dose protocols
- Incremental-dose protocols
- Sedation protocols for X-rays and prophys to root canals and surgical procedures
- Proper documentation and monitoring before, during and after an appointment
- Advanced treatment planning for neglected mouths
- A stress-free approach to learning pharmacology
Day Three (finished by 1p.m.)- Little to no postoperative discomfort for patients
- Confidence building case studies
- Resources for maintaining ongoing up-to-date sedation information
- Vital equipment for sedation dentistry as well as what you don’t need
- Legal and regulatory topics
- 10 crucial skills for communicating with a sedated patient
Michael Silverman, DMD
Dr. Anthony S. Feck graduated with high distinction from the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry where he received numerous awards for scholastic excellence. Soon after his graduation in 1983, Dr. Feck was appointed Associate Professor of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry at his alma mater. He has been in private practice in Lexington, Kentucky since completing his education.
Dianne Benedictson, DDS
Dr. Dianne Benedictson has been in the dental field for over 25 years. She has owned a private practice, instructed team and doctors at a nationally-recognized post-graduate training institute, served on the board of an international dental association, consulted in dental offices nationwide and lectured internationally. Now, she is in the process of earning yet another degree—a Doctorate of Philosophy.Dr. Benedictson has a passion for team training and empowerment. She believes that a strong, skilled team is an integral part of a successful practice.
Benefits of Implementing Oral Sedation Dentistry
Increase your patient base
- Did you know that 30 percent of the U.S. population—or 94 million people—avoid the dentist due to fear? Oral sedation dentistry solves the problem of fear and opens up your practice to an entirely new subset of patients.
Complete more dentistry in less time
- Patients who request sedation dentistry usually require more procedures due to having put off treatment for so long. Because these patients are in the same chair for an extended period of time, the number of room set ups per procedure are vastly reduced, increasing doctor and team efficiency and lowering overhead cost.
Keep more patients in-house
- Sedation allows you to complete more extensive work in a single appointment, often simplifying treatment planning and improving case acceptance.
- Missed appointments are nearly eliminated because patients prepay for their visits. There is more incentive for them to follow through. Thus, sedation dentistry virtually makes canceled appointments a thing of the past: On average, only 1 out of every 500 sedation appointments is canceled.
- This benefit is the single most impactful result of implementing sedation: the simple gratitude patients express as a result of finally receiving comfortable treatment they have so long put off.
The oral sedation crtification program is provided in collaboration with D.O.C.S education
25 CE Credit
- The program will be provided at the California Implant Institute in San Diego, CA.
California Implant Institute is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by AGD for fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state of provincial board of dentistry or AGD endorsement. the current term of approval extends from 8/1/2016 to 7/13/2017. Provider ID#108066